Parent Notices for New Families
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Enlightium Parents App
- The Enlightium Parents app now has over 3,400 members! This app has many of the benefits of Facebook, but with:
- Custom communication from the Enlightium team (posts are filtered based on your student’s grade level, your state of residence, etc.)
- A group for your state (and a group for international families) to share resources and make connections
- Better direct messaging with employees
- Direct messaging with other parents
- Push notifications to join events
- The ability to search for articles and hashtags (such as #GraduationCeremony)
- Quick links to common knowledge base pages
- You can sign in on your phone or using a computer browser. Click here to create your free account.
- Starting Monday, November 1, 2021, which is the beginning of the second quarter, the Facebook Family Alliance will no longer be used by Enlightium staff to support current families by answering questions or posting information and reminders.
The Admissions Department
- Counselors send important information to their students and their families via email. Be on the lookout for emails from your student’s counselor (such as college admissions, testing, and community service updates) and reply to the counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
- We make it a priority to keep you informed of your student’s progress each week. Progress summary emails are sent to the primary parent’s email address as a resource to help identify potential issues and keep students from falling behind.
- Please submit an Absence Form only if an absence prevents your student from completing their weekly course work by Sunday night.
- If you notice poor grades or low progress, please log into your parent portal or into the student portal to check what your child is struggling with (lessons, quizzes, projects, or tests). Please reach out to your student’s teachers or counselor to discuss ways to improve low grades.
- If you did not receive an email but your student has attended a full week of school, please ensure you whitelist enlightiumacademy.com in your email. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still not receiving emails from Enlightium Academy.
Enlightium Academy’s Intervention program is designed to support Enlightium’s students that are struggling academically, regardless of grade or support level, with the exception of the parent-led Bronze Package.
The Intervention Team takes time to carefully review students and their unique challenges so that we can equip them with the necessary tools for academic success. We strive to help students make the most of their academic resources while promoting a growth mindset and cultivating effective learning habits. Our goal is to help our students to overcome their ongoing challenges so that they can become lifelong, independent learners.
Gifted and Higher-Level Learner (GHLL)
- Is your child gifted or highly capable? Is your child advanced in any way? Does your child need to be challenged beyond their grade-level curriculum to excel? Enlightium’s Gifted and Higher-Level Learner Program provides the opportunity to unlock your child’s potential and elevate their learning to higher levels!
- "Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." -Leo Buscaglia
- The Gifted and Higher-Level Learner (GHLL) Program is available to students in grades 5-8. The purpose of Enlightium’s GHLL Program is to meet the uniquely advanced needs of gifted, talented, and highly capable learners by providing opportunities to learn and progress at the individual student’s own pace, level, and ability
- The GHLL Program is designed to:
- Provide one-on-one mentoring, evidence-based practices, specialized instruction, and project-based curriculum
- Enhance higher-level thinking, promote creative learning experiences, progress learning, maximize potential, and develop skills to solidify strengths and improve weaknesses
- Teach your student how to learn and give them the tools to adapt in school and in the real world
- Help your student cultivate metacognitive and self-regulating techniques to promote brain development
- Sharpen your student’s ability to achieve success, help others, and grow in their walk with the Lord by understanding self-awareness, evaluating motivations, and exploring individual God-given purpose
- Mentor your student to make positive Christ-centered changes within themselves, their families, their communities, and the world
- Facilitate student-directed learning and peer collaboration
- Ask mostly open-ended questions to allow your student to explain what they know and think without being limited to one correct answer
- Visit the Gifted and Higher-Level Learner page for more information. If you think your student might be a good fit for this program, please fill out this form to let us know that you are interested
- The Enlightium Prayer Support Team leads staff and faculty in prayer each week for the school, our students, and their families. We encourage students to reach out to staff or faculty with prayer requests, and we encourage families to use the Prayer Request Form on our website to submit prayer requests.
- Bible Studies are available for students in grades PreK-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. Bible Study dates can be found on our Bible Studies page; invitations to join are sent through the Enlightium Parents app for students in grades PreK-2 and through Ignitia for students in grades 3-12.