Parent Notices for New Families
TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Admissions Department
- In order to assign classes, Enlightium needs the placement tests to be completed and records (report cards/transcript) from the student’s previous school. Once both of these items are completed, the application gets passed on to the counselor for class assignment
- Placement Tests
If you would like to speed up the process:
Please have your child complete the placement tests within days of receiving the Placement Test Assignment Notification
Send us a copy of your child’s report card (for the last two years) or transcript for high school. You can send the records to email@example.com
An overview of your student’s account can be accessed through your parent portal
Individual units and lessons within courses can be accessed through your student’s Ignitia account
- Counselors send important information to their students and their families via email. Be on the lookout for emails from your student’s counselor (such as college admissions, testing, and community service updates) and reply to the counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
Progress Monitoring - UPDATED
Enlightium Academy’s Intervention program is designed to support Enlightium’s students that are struggling academically regardless of grade or support level, with the exception of the parent-led Bronze Package.
The Intervention Team takes time to carefully review students and their unique challenges so that we can equip them with the necessary tools for academic success. We strive to help students make the most of their academic resources while promoting a growth mindset and cultivating effective learning habits. Our goal is to help our students to overcome their ongoing challenges so that they can become lifelong, independent learners.
Gifted and Higher-Level Learner (GHLL)
- Is your child gifted or highly capable? Is your child advanced in any way? Does your child need to be challenged beyond their grade-level curriculum to excel? Enlightium’s Gifted and Higher-Level Learner Program provides the opportunity to unlock your child’s potential and elevate their learning to higher levels!
- "Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." -Leo Buscaglia
- The Gifted and Higher-Level Learner (GHLL) Program is available to students in grades 5-8. The purpose of Enlightium’s GHLL Program is to meet the uniquely advanced needs of gifted, talented, and highly capable learners by providing opportunities to learn and progress at the individual student’s own pace, level, and ability
- The GHLL Program is designed to:
- Provide one-on-one mentoring, evidence-based practices, specialized instruction, and project-based curriculum
- Enhance higher-level thinking, promote creative learning experiences, progress learning, maximize potential, and develop skills to solidify strengths and improve weaknesses
- Teach your student how to learn and give them the tools to adapt in school and in the real world
- Help your student cultivate metacognitive and self-regulating techniques to promote brain development
- Sharpen your student’s ability to achieve success, help others, and grow in their walk with the Lord by understanding self-awareness, evaluating motivations, and exploring individual God-given purpose
- Mentor your student to make positive Christ-centered changes within themselves, their families, their communities, and the world
- Facilitate student-directed learning and peer collaboration
- Ask mostly open-ended questions to allow your student to explain what they know and think without being limited to one correct answer
- Visit the Gifted and Higher-Level Learner page for more information. If you think your student might be a good fit for this program, please fill out this form to let us know that you are interested
- The Enlightium Prayer Support Team leads staff and faculty in prayer each week for the school, our students, and their families. We encourage students to reach out to staff or faculty with prayer requests, and we encourage families to use the Prayer Request Form on our website to submit prayer requests.
- Bible studies are available for students in grades PreK-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. If your student is not in summer school, but would like to continue with Bible Studies, you may find the Bible Study coordinator information on our Bible Studies page.