- October and November Calendar
- eLibrary powered by Overdrive
- Teachers' Notes
- The Admissions Department
- The Accounting Department
- Progress Monitoring
- Intervention Program
- Gifted and Higher-Level Learner Program
- Spiritual Support
- Referral Program
- Family Handbook
October and November Calendar - UPDATED
- Quarter Break
- Wednesday, October 14: The end of Quarter 1; students will have access to the curriculum until 11:59 pm PT*
- Thursday, October 15 - Sunday, October 18: Quarter Break; students will not have access to Ignitia
- Monday, October 19: The start of Quarter 2; students will have access to Ignitia
- Friday, October 30: Quarter 1 report cards issued
- Monday, November 2 - Monday, November 30: Parent-Teacher Conferences for students in grades 3-12; more information is coming soon mid-October via email
- Wednesday, November 11: No school due to Veterans Day. Enlightium’s office will be closed and teacher support will not be available. Students will still have access to Ignitia and can use the day to catch up or work ahead
- Thursday, November 26 - Friday, November, 27: No school due to Thanksgiving Break. Enlightium’s office will be closed and teacher support will not be available. Students will still have access to Ignitia and can use the day to catch up or work ahead
Click here for a printable 2020–2021 calendar, which your student can post at their workstation;
Click here to add a digital calendar to your Google calendar. You may need to create a Gmail account.
*11:59 pm Pacific Time in other timezones:
8:59 pm Hawaii Time
10:59 pm Alaska Time
12:59 am Mountain Time
1:59 am Central Time
2:59 am Eastern Time
eLibrary powered by Overdrive - NEW
- In order to provide Enlightium students with quality literature and to encourage them to read, Enlightium Academy has partnered with Overdrive to develop an eLibrary system exclusively for Enlightium students.
- These resources are available to students in all grade levels.
- Overdrive’s eLibrary app, Sora, is a user-friendly platform on which students may borrow books for personal use and explore their interests through available literature. Students also have the ability to add their own local public library and gain access to its literature.
- While Enlightium Academy seeks to provide students with age-appropriate literature that aligns with our values, some titles within our library may not be suitable for all ages. Parents are encouraged to practice oversight of what their children are reading and provide guidance as needed.
- To utilize Sora, navigate to Enlightium Academy’s Sora page, and log in using the student’s Ignitia username.
Primary School Resources - NEW
- Still waiting on some or all of your student’s books to arrive? Click here for a list of resources, including:
- New PDFs added in late September
- ISBN numbers for select grade levels
- Third-party online learning resources; for details see the email “Enlightium: Need help with your primary school student? We’re here to help”
Student Social Week- UPDATED
- Thank you to every student who registered for a Student Social Opportunity or submitted a waiver! We received over 1,000 submissions!
- Miss out on Student Social Week? Click here for late registration details or to submit a waiver.
- Need to make an update? Submit the Void/Correction Form.
Teachers’ Notes - UPDATED
Teachers are continuing to enjoy welcoming new students to the classroom with each new enrollment to our school. We have appreciated the patience of each family as we work to accommodate for the increased enrollment rates and even the increased involvement of students in activities such as live sessions. More students than ever are reaching out to their teachers, and the teachers are loving the incoming questions and the chance to interact with students!
We want to encourage our students to continue to ask questions of their teachers about content in assignments, as well as communicating when they are uncertain or having problems. Our teachers are eager to assist! As a primary resource for assignment help, we encourage our students to utilize the resources their teachers have collected in the LiveBinders.
We are grateful that you have chosen our school as a partner in your child’s education. We continue to pray for peace and comfort for your family in the midst of these unprecedented times.
Keep an Eye On Your Emails
- Email is the primary method of communication from Enlightium’s team to your family. If you are a new family, be sure to check your spam as some communication ends up there. We ask that you take a moment to mark Enlighitum’s email as “not spam” to ensure that you receive all future communication that is intended to benefit your family.
- If you feel you are not receiving critical emails, please ensure you whitelist enlightiumacademy.com in your email. You can also check your spam folder as well as other folders for emails from Enlightium and fill out this form to indicate that you are not receiving critical emails.
Required Read for New Families
The Admissions Department
- In order to assign classes, Enlightium needs the placement tests to be completed and records (report cards/transcript) from the student’s previous school. Once both of these items are completed, the application gets passed on to the counselor for class assignment
- Placement Tests
If you would like to speed up the process:
Please have your child complete the placement tests within days of receiving the Placement Test Assignment Notification
Send us a copy of your child’s report card (for the last two years) or transcript for high school. You can send the records to firstname.lastname@example.org
An overview of your student’s account can be accessed through your parent portal
Individual units and lessons within courses can be accessed through your student’s Ignitia account
- Counselors send important information to their students and their families via email. Be on the lookout for emails from your student’s counselor (such as college admissions, testing, and community service updates) and reply to the counselor if you have any questions or concerns.
Required Read if Applicable
Enlightium Academy’s Intervention program is designed to support Enlightium’s students that are struggling academically regardless of grade or support level, with the exception of the parent-led Bronze Package.
The Intervention Team takes time to carefully review students and their unique challenges so that we can equip them with the necessary tools for academic success. We strive to help students make the most of their academic resources while promoting a growth mindset and cultivating effective learning habits. Our goal is to help our students to overcome their ongoing challenges so that they can become lifelong, independent learners.
Gifted and Higher-Level Learner (GHLL)
- Is your child gifted or highly capable? Is your child advanced in any way? Does your child need to be challenged beyond their grade-level curriculum to excel? Enlightium’s Gifted and Higher-Level Learner Program provides the opportunity to unlock your child’s potential and elevate their learning to higher levels!
- "Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." -Leo Buscaglia
- The Gifted and Higher-Level Learner (GHLL) Program is available to students in grades 5-8. The purpose of Enlightium’s GHLL Program is to meet the uniquely advanced needs of gifted, talented, and highly capable learners by providing opportunities to learn and progress at the individual student’s own pace, level, and ability
- The GHLL Program is designed to:
- Provide one-on-one mentoring, evidence-based practices, specialized instruction, and project-based curriculum
- Enhance higher-level thinking, promote creative learning experiences, progress learning, maximize potential, and develop skills to solidify strengths and improve weaknesses
- Teach your student how to learn and give them the tools to adapt in school and in the real world
- Help your student cultivate metacognitive and self-regulating techniques to promote brain development
- Sharpen your student’s ability to achieve success, help others, and grow in their walk with the Lord by understanding self-awareness, evaluating motivations, and exploring individual God-given purpose
- Mentor your student to make positive Christ-centered changes within themselves, their families, their communities, and the world
- Facilitate student-directed learning and peer collaboration
- Ask mostly open-ended questions to allow your student to explain what they know and think without being limited to one correct answer
- Visit the Gifted and Higher-Level Learner page for more information. If you think your student might be a good fit for this program, please fill out this form to let us know that you are interested
Required to Read at Least Once
- The Enlightium Prayer Support Team leads staff and faculty in prayer each week for the school, our students, and their families. We encourage students to reach out to staff or faculty with prayer requests, and we encourage families to use the Prayer Request Form on our website to submit prayer requests.
- Bible studies are available for students in grades PreK-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. If your student is not in summer school, but would like to continue with Bible Studies, you may find the Bible Study coordinator information on our Bible Studies page.
- If you’re having a great experience at Enlightium, take advantage of our Referral Program. With the Referral Program, you can refer a friend, a neighbor, or a member of your extended family to Enlightium. Both you and the referred family will receive a $50 Amazon gift card or a $50 credit on tuition. The referred party will receive a $50 credit on tuition upon writing your name in the referral section on the application. Check out Enlightium Academy’s Referral Program page for more information.
- Click here to access Enlightium’s Family Handbook. Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.