September and October Calendar - UPDATED
- Monday, September 6: Labor Day. Enlightium’s office will be closed, and teacher support will not be available. Students will still have access to courses and can use the day to catch up or work ahead
- Monday, September 20 - Friday, September 24: Student Social Week; students will be able to register for a social event during the school year or submit a waiver. See “Student Social Week” below for more details
- Friday, October 1: Spiritual Awareness Day; a video to watch as a family will be sent in the Enlightium Parents app
Click here for a printable 2021–2022 calendar, which your student can post at their workstation.
Click here to add a digital calendar to your Google calendar. You may need to create a Gmail account.
Student Social Week
Student Social Week is coming soon!
We are continuing and improving several ways for your student to get involved and connect with other students:
- Bible Studies (grades PreK-12)
- Book Clubs (grades 3-12)
- Math Olympics (grades 3-8)
- Pen Pal Program (grades PreK-12)
- Social Ambassadors (grades 9-12)
- Spelling Bee (grades 3-12)
- Young Illustrators (grades PreK-5)
Enlightium will also be offering two new social activities:
- Chess Club (grades 3-12) - students learn chess basics and advanced skills, then compete against other students.
- One new social opportunity for students chosen by you. A poll will be launched this week in the Enlightium Parents app.
Student Social Week Details
- Student Social Week is September 20-24. Registration will last the entire week through the Enlightium Parents app.
- Students in grades PreK-12 will choose a social opportunity through Enlightium.
- Families can request a waiver to not participate in a social opportunity; this is available if the student is already participating in social activities such as sports or drama, or if the student is focused on their academics.
Keep an Eye On Your Emails
- The Enlightium Parents app is used for the majority of general communication from the team to parents. This includes school updates, opportunities to participate in social events and spiritual offerings, and more.
- Emails will be used to send your family official notices such as progress reports, report cards, and billing statements. If you feel you are not receiving critical emails, please ensure you whitelist enlightiumacademy.com in your email. You can also check your spam folder as well as other folders for emails from Enlightium and fill out this form to indicate that you are not receiving critical emails.
- Ignitia is used for communication between most students and their teachers.
Download Your Students’ Supply Lists and Project Forecasts
- Some courses have Supply Lists, which can be found on Enlightium’s knowledge base.
- Courses with projects also have Project Forecasts. Referencing the Project Forecasts will help your family plan ahead and see what projects are coming up, their level of difficulty, and approximately how much time your student should plan for the project.
Enlightium Parents App
- The Enlightium Parents app now has over 2,000 members! This app has many of the benefits of the Facebook Family Alliance, but with:
- Custom communication from the Enlightium team (posts are filtered based on your student’s grade level, your state of residence, etc.)
- A group for your state (and a group for international families) to share resources and make connections
- Better direct messaging with employees
- Direct messaging with other parents
- Push notifications to join events
- The ability to search for articles and hashtags (such as #GraduationCeremony)
- Quick links to common knowledge base pages
- You can sign in on your phone or using a computer browser. Click here to create your free account.
- The Family Alliance group will be used for families who are interested in enrolling at Enlightium Academy but want to first ask questions of parents of currently enrolled students. We will send more information in the coming months about how you can participate in this group and support other families as they consider Enlightium Academy.
- Starting Monday, November 1, 2021, which is the beginning of the second quarter, the Facebook Family Alliance will no longer be used by Enlightium staff to support current families by answering questions or posting information and reminders.
State Homeschooling Resources
Teachers’ Notes (Grades 3-12)
- The school year is underway, and our teachers have enjoyed welcoming new and returning students into their classrooms! We understand that for many of our students, this is their first year at an online school, and our teachers would love to help students and their families transition smoothly. So, whether you are a returning family or a new family, if you need help or have questions about the program, please reach out to your student’s teachers!
- We want to encourage our students to reach out and ask their teachers for help as they encounter questions about assignments and the content they are learning. Teachers love hearing from and connecting with students and families. Additionally, our teachers have collected a compendium of resources that students can use as a companion to Ignitia. As a supplementary resource for assignment help, we encourage our students to routinely consult LiveBinders. The LiveBinder is packed full of resources that are broken down by concept and/or by Course/Unit/Assignment/Question.
- We continue to pray for our students and their families, and we are grateful that you have chosen our school to continue the education of your children.
The Accounting Department
Due to the volume of enrollments, you may have a longer wait to get your payment schedule finalized. If you have not received an email with details about your payment schedule within the month of your enrollment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021-2022 New Student Enrollment
Do you have friends or family members who want to enroll at Enlightium next year?
When new families note they were referred by you, both families receive a $50 referral gift card or tuition credit!
Remember to share the Enlightium Referral Program Guide with anyone who may be interested in enrolling at Enlightium!
- If you’re having a great experience at Enlightium, take advantage of our Referral Program. With the Referral Program, you can refer a friend, a neighbor, or a member of your extended family to Enlightium. Both you and the referred family will receive a $50 Amazon gift card or a $50 credit on tuition. The referred party will receive a $50 credit on tuition upon writing your name in the referral section on the application. Check out Enlightium Academy’s Referral Program page for more information.
- Click here to access Enlightium’s Family Handbook for the 2021-2022 school year. Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.