- August and September Calendar
- Access Your Supply Lists
- Teachers' Notes
- All High School Students
- Community Service During COVID-19
- The Admissions Department
- The Accounting Department
- Progress Monitoring
- Gifted and Higher-Level Learner Program
- Spiritual Support
- Family Handbook
August and September Calendar - UPDATED
- Friday, July 31 - Sunday, August 2: Summer school report cards sent to students in grades PreK-8
- Wednesday, August 5: Summer school transcripts sent to students in grades 9-12
- Friday, August 7: Enlightium’s office closed from 12 - 4 pm PT for staff and faculty training
- Monday, August 10: Virtual Open Houses:
- Wednesday, August 12: 1st day of the 2020-2021 school year
- Monday, September 7: Labor Day. Enlightium’s office will be closed and teacher support will not be available. Students will have access to courses and can use the day to catch up or work ahead
- Monday, September 14 - Friday, September 18: Student Social Week; students will be able to register for a social event during the school year or submit a waiver
- Friday, September 25: Spiritual Awareness Day
Click here for a printable 2020–2021 calendar, which your student can post at their workstation; this calendar includes summer school dates.
Click here to add a digital calendar to your Google calendar. You may need to create a Gmail account.
Open House - NEW
- Enlightium Academy will be offering Virtual Open Houses on Monday, August 10, 2020*
- Grades 9-12 will have a pre-recorded Open House video followed by a live Question and Answer (Q&A) session with Academic Administrator Mr. Lambert, Principal Mead, and more!
- A link to watch the Open House video and join the Q&A will be provided via email on August 10 at 4 pm PT**
- Grades PreK-8 will have live grade level-specific Open Houses/Q&A sessions with Director of K-8 Counseling Department Mrs. Vagin, Elementary School Counselor Mrs. Crisp, Principal Mead, and teachers.
- A link to join will be provided via email one day in advance
- PreK-8 Open House start times
- PreK-2: August 10 at 10 am PT**
- 3-8: August 10 at 2 pm PT**
*Your family can watch all Open House videos upon release or anytime after.
**Note that all times are in Pacific Time
Access Your Supply Lists - NEW
- During the summer, teachers reviewed and updated each Ignitia course
- Supply lists were updated to reflect the course updates
- To find your student’s courses’ supply lists
- Visit the Supply List page
- Select your student’s grade level
- For each course, look for either notice:
- “ACCESS SUPPLY LIST”, or
- “This course has no required purchases.”
Teachers’ Notes - UPDATED
Enlightium teachers are eager for another year with our continuing students and excited to meet new students! They have been busy preparing for the students' arrivals by improving the curriculum and school experience.
The changes in curriculum are ones that will help us serve our students better and aid in meeting our goals as a school. Our overarching goal across all grade levels is to structure student learning in ways that glorify Christ in creation and culture, while cultivating a love for learning in our students. We hope that as our students move through the curriculum that they will become more aware of how Christ is at the center of all things.
While the pandemic continues to isolate people throughout the United States and the world, we also pray that God would provide our students with opportunities for connection and community during the weeks ahead.
Enlightium Academy’s Intervention program is designed to support Enlightium’s students that are struggling academically regardless of grade or support level, with the exception of the parent-led Bronze Package.
The Intervention Team takes time to carefully review students and their unique challenges so that we can equip them with the necessary tools for academic success. We strive to help students make the most of their academic resources while promoting a growth mindset and cultivating effective learning habits. Our goal is to help our students to overcome their ongoing challenges so that they can become lifelong, independent learners.
Required Read if Applicable
All High School Students
- We have many students that are already enrolling for the 2020-2021 school year! The Counseling Department is excited to begin the planning process with all incoming early-enrollment students in grades 8-11
- The first step will be for the student to be proactive in their educational careers. Students in grades 9-11 can do this by revisiting their graduation plan. The graduation plan was sent prior to class assignments this year and is a working document that includes a tentative plan for the students’ remaining high school years. Students are able to provide comments and consider their elective choices through the dropdown lists or the link on the plan. Another very valuable resource for students to look over is the curriculum and graduation requirement sections in Enlightium’s website; this is how students in grade 8 can prepare for their high school years. A link for these sections can be found on the plan as well.
- With our nationwide directive to “Stay Home and Stay Safe”, it is important that we still reach out through virtual means to connect with each other and our communities especially as we are called by Jesus to be the Salt and the Light (Matthew 5:13-16).
- You will find many suggestions to help you follow the Lord’s call and fulfill your community service graduation requirements by viewing our suggestions for community service opportunities during the pandemic.
- Also, to help ease the anxiety that students may be feeling while considering completing their community service goal, we will waive up to two hours of service for this year. Speak to your student’s counselor for details.
Required Read for New Families
The Admissions Department
- Placement Tests
- New students - Make sure you complete the Math and English Placement Tests as soon as they are assigned. Email email@example.com if you have any questions
- If you would like to speed up the process:
- Please have your child complete the placement tests within days of receiving the Placement Test Assignment Notification
- Send us a copy of your child’s report card (for the last two years) or transcript for high school. You can send the records to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An overview of your student’s account can be accessed through your parent portal
- Individual units and lessons within courses can be accessed through your student’s Ignitia account
The Accounting Department
- Some parents call in asking for our Tax ID number. Keep in mind that, even though a handful of states have tax benefits for private school enrollment, a Tax ID is not required for those credits. A Tax ID is only needed to receive federal credits on college tuition. Enlightium Academy will not be issuing 1098-T statements since only colleges and universities provide those statements. If you need your history of payments in 2019, email email@example.com to request a statement.
- We make it a priority to keep you informed of your student’s progress each week. Progress summary emails are sent to the primary parent’s email address as a resource to help identify potential issues and keep from falling behind.
- If your student will be unable to work due to life circumstances or plans, please remember to submit the Absence Form here.
- If you notice poor grades or low progress, please log into your parent portal or into the student’s account to check what your child is struggling with (lessons, quizzes, projects, or tests). Please reach out to your student’s teachers or counselor to discuss ways to improve low grades.
- Please look at the assignment due dates to see if there are any assignments that are past due. You can also reach out to the Progress Department to discuss this.
- If you did not receive an email but your student has attended a full week of school, please ensure you whitelist enlightiumacademy.com in your email. You may also contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still not receiving emails from Enlightium Academy.
Required to Read at Least Once
Gifted and Higher-Level Learner (GHLL)
- Is your child gifted or highly capable? Is your child advanced in any way? Does your child need to be challenged beyond their grade-level curriculum to excel? Enlightium’s Gifted and Higher-Level Learner Program provides the opportunity to unlock your child’s potential and elevate their learning to higher levels!
- "Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." -Leo Buscaglia
- The Gifted and Higher-Level Learner (GHLL) Program is available to students in grades 5-8. The purpose of Enlightium’s GHLL Program is to meet the uniquely advanced needs of gifted, talented, and highly capable learners by providing opportunities to learn and progress at the individual student’s own pace, level, and ability
- The GHLL Program is designed to:
- Provide one-on-one mentoring, evidence-based practices, specialized instruction, and project-based curriculum
- Enhance higher-level thinking, promote creative learning experiences, progress learning, maximize potential, and develop skills to solidify strengths and improve weaknesses
- Teach your student how to learn and give them the tools to adapt in school and in the real world
- Help your student cultivate metacognitive and self-regulating techniques to promote brain development
- Sharpen your student’s ability to achieve success, help others, and grow in their walk with the Lord by understanding self-awareness, evaluating motivations, and exploring individual God-given purpose
- Mentor your student to make positive Christ-centered changes within themselves, their families, their communities, and the world
- Facilitate student-directed learning and peer collaboration
- Ask mostly open-ended questions to allow your student to explain what they know and think without being limited to one correct answer
- Visit the Gifted and Higher-Level Learner page for more information. If you think your student might be a good fit for this program, please fill out this form to let us know that you are interested
- The Enlightium Prayer Support Team leads staff and faculty in prayer each week for the school, our students, and their families. We encourage students to reach out to staff or faculty with prayer requests, and we encourage families to use the Prayer Request Form on our website to submit prayer requests.
- Bible Studies are available for students in grades 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12. If your student is not in summer school but would like to continue with Bible Studies, you may find the Bible Study coordinator information on our Spiritual Development page.
- If you’re having a great experience at Enlightium, take advantage of our Referral Program. With the Referral Program, you can refer a friend, a neighbor, or a member of your extended family to Enlightium. Both you and the referred family will receive a $50 Amazon gift card or a $50 credit on tuition. The referred party will receive a $50 credit on tuition upon writing your name in the referral section on the application. Check out Enlightium Academy’s Referral Program page for more information.