Pen Pal Program (Grades PreK-12)
- Each registered student gets paired up with another Enlightium student of the same gender and grade level. Write letters, learn about each other's culture, and make a friend that will last a lifetime!
- Students will have the option to write hand-written letters (highly recommended) or emails (if hand-written is not an option).
- Students who meet attendance and participation requirements are entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card at the end of the year.
- Students are required to write and send at least five letters to their Pen Pal. After sending each letter, they should submit an attendance form.
- Enlightium will post a reminder on the Enlightium Parents App monthly for students to correspond with their pen pal.
How does my student get paired up with another Enlightium student?
- Families can register a student for the Pen Pal Program. Parents can register, opt-out, or submit a correction in the Enlightium Parents app by selecting "Social" in the main menu. Late registration is available for the Pen Pal Program.
- During the registration process, the families provide:
- The student's name, gender, and grade level.
- The best mailing address for the student to receive letters, or their email address.
- Enlightium will randomly pair your student with another Enlightium student of the same gender and grade range (PreK-K, 1-2, 3-5, 6-8, or 9-12) that is geographically distant from your family.
- In the Enlightium Parents app, you will be connected with your student’s pen pal.
- The parent is strongly encouraged to be involved, especially at the younger grade levels.