Pen Pal Program (Grades PreK-12)
- A student gets paired up with another Enlightium student of the same gender and grade level. Write letters, learn about each other's culture, and make a friend that will last a lifetime!
- Students will have the option to write hand-written letters (highly recommended) or emails (if hand-written is not an option).
- Students who meet attendance and participation requirements are entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card at the end of the year.
- Students are required to write and send at least five letters to their Pen Pal. After sending each letter, they should submit an attendance form.
How does my student get paired up with another Enlightium student?
- Families can register a student for the Pen Pal Program. Parents can register, opt-out, or submit a correction in the Enlightium Parents app by selecting "Social" in the main menu. Late registration is available for the Pen Pal Program.
- During the registration process, the families provide:
- The student's name, gender, and grade level
- The best mailing address for the student to receive letters or email address
- Enlightium will randomly pair your student with another Enlightium student of the same gender and grade level (PreK-K, 1-2, 3-5, 6-8, or 9-12) that is geographically distant from your family.
- In the Enlightium Parents app, you will be connected with your student’s pen pal.
- The parent is strongly encouraged to be involved, especially at the younger grade levels.