Spelling Bee (Grades 3-12)
How Do Enlightium Students Participate in a Spelling Bee?
- Enlightium Academy provides students in grades 3-12 with the opportunity to compete in a spelling bee with other Enlightium students.
- The event will be recorded and may be used on Enlightium’s website and/or for promotional purposes
- Updates from last year:
- The two-day event has been divided into three days with grades 3-5 and grades 6-8 now having their own day
- The Spelling Bee rounds have been moved from the evening to during school hours
- Each round is open to all Spelling Bee registrants
Spelling Bees Fulfill the Student Social Opportunity
- Participation in the Spelling Bees counts as fulfilling the Student Social Opportunity
- Late registration is available for Spelling Bee. Registration closes on Sunday, February 14, 2021, at 11:59 pm PT.
- Each student who registers for a social event receives a $5 gift card; max one $5 gift card per student. Students who meet attendance and participation requirements are entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card at the end of the year.
- Attendance requirements are dependent on when a student enrolled in Enlightium Academy
- Quarter 1, 2, and 3 enrollment - students must attend at least 2 Spelling Bees
- Quarter 4 enrollment - registration for the Spelling Bee is not available
- November 17-19, 2020 - Round 1
- Grades 3-5: Tuesday, November 17 at 2 pm Pacific Time
- Grades 6-8: Wednesday, November 18 at 2 pm Pacific Time
- Grades 9-12: Thursday, November 19 at 2 pm Pacific Time
- February 23-25, 2021 - Round 2
- Grades 3-5: Tuesday, February 23 at 2 pm Pacific Time
- Grades 6-8: Wednesday, February 24 at 2 pm Pacific Time
- Grades 9-12: Thursday, February 25 at 2 pm Pacific Time
- May 4-6, 2021 - Round 3
- Grades 3-5: Tuesday, May 4 at 2 pm Pacific Time
- Grades 6-8: Wednesday, May 5 at 2 pm Pacific Time
- Grades 9-12: Thursday, May 6 at 2 pm Pacific Time
- Participants must have webcam capabilities so that the judges can view the students while they speak. Participants must have a phone available for clear audio.
- Ensure an adult is present and will remain present for the duration of the event (1–2 hours).
- Log in using the link provided via email (sent the day of the event)
- Families should log in between 30 minutes before the start of the event as the event will start on time. Late logins may result in being expelled from the Spelling Bee.
- If families experience technical issues when logging in, please email email@example.com.
- At the event start time, Enlightium will begin roll call. Both the student and the adult on the Student Social Week registration form will need to be present.
- The Spelling Bee Coordinator will explain the rules and begin the competition. There will be a practice run to ensure that participants are comfortable with the rules.
- Families should stay logged in for the duration of the student’s involvement. Families may silently leave the session if the student is no longer involved in the competition.
Spelling Bee Resources
Spelling Bee Lists
Spelling Bee Winners
|School Year||Round 1 Winner (Grades 3-8)||Round 1 Winner (Grades 9-12)|
|2019-2020||Nicole K., Washington||Hannah S. of Texas|
|2018-2019||Eu-Jin H., Washington||N/A|
|2017-2018||Mason R., Arizona||N/A|