Spelling Bee (Grades 3-12)
- Enlightium Academy provides students in grades 3-12 with the opportunity to compete in a spelling bee with other Enlightium students.
- The event will be recorded and may be used on Enlightium’s website and/or for promotional purposes.
- Registration is open for this event.
Spelling Bees Fulfill The Student Social Requirement
- For the 2023-2024 school year, families can register their student for the Spelling Bee during Student Social Week starting September 18, 2023.
- Participation in the Spelling Bees counts as fulfilling the Student Social Requirement.
- Attendance requirements are dependent on when a student is enrolled in Enlightium Academy.
- Quarter 1, 2, and 3 enrollment - students must attend at least two Spelling Bees.
- Quarter 4 enrollment - registration for the Spelling Bee is not available.
- January 17-18, 2024 - Round 1
- Grades 6-12: Tuesday, January 17 at 1 pm Pacific Time
- Grades 3-5: Wednesday, January 18 at 1 pm Pacific Time
- March 26-27, 2024 - Round 2
- Grades 6-12: Tuesday, March 26 at 1 pm Pacific Time
- Grades 3-5: Wednesday, March 27 at 1 pm Pacific Time
- May 29-30, 2024 - Round 3
- Grades 3-5: Wednesday, May 29 at 1 pm Pacific Time
- Grades 6-12: Thursday, May 30 at 1 pm Pacific Time
- Participants must have webcam capabilities so that the judges can view them while they speak.
- Participants must have a phone available for clear audio.
- Ensure an adult is present and will remain present for the duration of the event (approximately two hours).
- Log in using the link provided via the Enlightium Parents app (sent the day of the event)
- Families should join at the start of the event. Late logins may result in being expelled from the Spelling Bee.
- If families experience technical issues when logging in, please email email@example.com.
- At the event start time, Enlightium will begin roll call. Both the student and the adult on the Student Social Week registration form will need to be present.
- The Spelling Bee Coordinator will explain the rules and begin the competition. There will be a practice run to ensure that participants are comfortable with the rules.
- Families should stay logged in for the duration of the student’s involvement. Families may silently leave the session if their student is no longer involved in the competition.
Spelling Bee Resources
Spelling Bee Lists
Frequently Asked Questions
|What Spelling Bee list will my student need to study?|
The only list the student will need to study is the one for their grade level.
Does my student need to say "uppercase" letter for words that are proper names to get the word correct?
They do not.
Will the competition be via zoom? If so, what is the phone for?
It is through zoom. In the past, students would join from just the computer and if their internet connection was poor, they were unable to participate. Having a phone available allows for clearer audio when that happens.
Is there a prize for winners?
Winners will be published on the knowledge base, promoted on the app, and will have bragging rights.
Spelling Bee Winners
|School Year||Round||First Place|
|First Place (Grades|
|2022-2023||1||Nicolo C., NY and Miilovekae J., Florida||Ethan F., North Carolina||Tyler F., Illinois|
|2||Nicolo C., NY and Miilovekae J., Florida||Lydia M., UAE||Grace L., North Carolina|
|3||Miilovekae J., Florida||Lydia M., UAE||Grace L., North Carolina|
|2021-2022||1||Summerly M., California||Julie B., Virginia||Tyler C., Illinois|
|2||Ava B. New York||John K., UAE||Lindsey H., Vir|
|3||Summerly M., California||Lydia M., UAE||Tyler C., Illinois|
|2020-2021||1||Charles B., New Mexico||Sydney R., North Carolina||Carla C., Dominican Republic|
|2||Gianna B., Texas||Savannah R., Texas||Carla C., Dominican Republic|
|3||Elleora P., Indonesia||Jack P., Washington||Carla C., Dominican Republic|
|School Year||First Place (Grades 3-8)||First Place (Grades 9-12)|
|2019-2020||Nicole K., Washington||Hannah S., Texas|
|2018-2019||Eu-Jin H., Washington||N/A|
|2017-2018||Mason R., Arizona||N/A|