TABLE OF CONTENTS
- When will the Enlightium Parents app be available?
- Do I have to download the app?
- I can't leave some groups. Why not?
- What personal information am I required to provide?
When will the Enlightium Parents app be available?
The platform will be available on both a browser and in the app stores soon. Families will be notified via email, the Facebook Family Alliance, and as a direct message.
Do I have to download the app?
No. You can access the same platform online.
I can't leave some groups. Why not?
The following groups are required and parents cannot leave them:
- Enlightium - This group is used for important announcements from the Enligthium team to your family, such as reminders of Ignitia Down Days; parents cannot post in this group
- Town Square - This group is used by families to ask Enlightium administration general questions (such as "when is the last day of school?")
- Admissions - Parents are in this group if they have at least one student in the admissions process; it can be used by the Admissions Department to get courses assigned as soon as possible
- Grade Level Groups (Primary School, Elementary School, Middle School, High School) - These groups are used by Enlightium's team to provide resources, event reminders, etc. based on your student's grade level
- State/International Group - Parents are automatically added to the state group associated with the state that they live in according to the enrollment form, or the parent is in the International group if they live outside of the U.S. Enlightium uses this to provide state/international resources as available
- Graduating Class Group - For parents of high school students, the graduating class group is used by the Enlightium team to provide reminders and resources to help students stay on track to graduate
- Parents of Alumni - Parents of children who graduated from Enlightium are included in this group to ask the Enlightium team questions as needed and to resource notifications of alumni events
If your account has a required group added or missing in error, please email email@example.com.
What personal information am I required to provide?
Upon registration, the following fields will be required but will NOT be made public or searchable by other families:
- Your first name, last name, and email address as noted on the enrollment form; this allows Enlightium to properly associated your app account with your enrollment form
- Your relationship to the student(s) (such as parent, guardian, or financial contact)
- Your state or country of residence; this allows Enlightium to better provide your family with state- or country-specific resources
Upon registration, the following field will be required and will be made public or searchable by other families:
- Your username
- This is how you want other families to identify you.
- It is recommended to use your real first and last name, but if you want to remain anonymous to other families you can make up a username ("John80").
After registration, the following fields will are optional and are made public or searchable by other families:
- Tell us about yourself
- Tell us about your students (their hobbies, etc.)
- Family type (such as co-op, military, missionary, etc.)
- Your city and state/country; this information will be searchable, so you can use it if you want to connect with other families in your area
- School year first enrolled
- Number of students enrolled
- Student type (full-time, graduated, etc.)