Community Service (Grades 9-12)
When Does My Student Need to Start Community Service?
- Enlightium Academy students in grades 9–12 need to complete community service as a graduation requirement.
- If your student first enrolled at Enlightium in:
- 9th grade or earlier - 40 hours need to be completed by the time they graduate. They have four school years to complete the 40 hours.
- 10th grade - 30 hours need to be completed by the time they graduate. They have three school years to complete the 30 hours.
- 11th grade - 20 hours need to be completed by the time they graduate. They have two school years to complete the 20 hours.
- 12th grade - 10 hours need to be completed by the time they graduate. They have one school year to complete the 10 hours.
- Students can receive a maximum of eight hours of community service per day. This includes events that last longer than eight hours a day, such as participation in a mission trip or volunteering in summer camps.
Finding and Tracking Community Service
- Volunteering opportunities can be found locally. Examples include:
- Participating in the local church community
- Assisting in retirement homes and centers
- Reading and tutoring in elementary schools
- Volunteering in church settings
- Assisting in homeless shelters
- Volunteering at a humane society
- Enlightium recommends that parents/guardians help their student in finding a safe environment to work on community service hours.
- Volunteer hours are tracked within our partner platform, Mobileserve.
- How to Log MobileServe Hours