What are Offline Electives?
- Offline electives are electives not taken through Ignitia, the curriculum used by Enlightium Academy.
- If you are interested in taking an offline elective or would like to know if your student’s current extracurricular instructional activities would count as an offline elective, please contact your student’s counselor.
- Offline electives are available to both full-time and part-time students.
Examples of Offline Electives
Physical Education Offline Credits
- Any recurring activity that meets the following requirements may earn Physical Education credit. Please keep an accurate record of the activity, time spent, and skill level (if applicable).
- 75% aerobic exercises such as swimming, gymnastics, running, etc.
- 25% conditioning such as stretching, supervised weight lifting, etc.
Fine Arts Offline Credits
- Other Fine Arts electives include musical instruments, vocal music, choir, and private lessons (theater, dance, drawing, etc). The following requirements must be met:
- The student’s engagement in the activity must consist of both teacher’s instruction* and practice
- A record of daily activity in the subject area and time spent must be faithfully kept
|*Examples include a local art instructor or music teacher, but not an Enlightium teacher.|
Steps for Taking an Offline Elective
- When selecting electives on the enrollment form, choose the “Offline Elective.”
- You can also talk to your student's counselor at any point after submitting the enrollment form or during the school year.
- Your student's counselor will review your request and inform you whether or not the activity listed can count as an offline elective.
- If the activity was approved, the counselor will assign the appropriate offline course to the student's schedule in Ignitia and will inform the Accounting Department if there are any tuition changes. A member of that department will reach out to you with the updated tuition.
- During the semester or school year that the offline elective is being taken, keep good records in the Offline Elective Form.
- Take at least two pieces of photographic evidence of the student completing the activity.
- Upload in Ignitia the completed Offline Elective Form two weeks before the end of the semester or school year.
Progress View in Ignitia
- Work for offline electives is completed on the Offline Elective Form, so the real-time progress by the student is not reflected in Ignitia if viewed from the parent portal or the student's Ignitia account.
- While submitting the Offline Elective Form, students need to upload two pieces of evidence proving that the student engaged in the required activities.
- Photographs are the most common form of evidence; photographs are used for verification purposes and will be stored with the student’s cumulative file (not shared with others within or outside of Enlightium). Please talk to your student’s counselor if you cannot or do not wish to send photographs.
- Other examples of evidence include a short written explanation of the elective course and how the student benefited from that activity or a sample of their work, depending on the elective chosen.
Offline Elective Forms