TABLE OF CONTENTS
Parent-Teacher Conferences Overview
A Parent-Teacher Conference (PTC) is a meeting held over email or phone between the parents/guardians of a student and their teacher. Both parties discuss the student’s strengths and weaknesses in a particular course to determine how to best assist the student in moving forward.
Note: At Enlightium Academy, Parent-Teacher Conferences for the 2020–2021 school year will take place during November 2020 and March 2021.
There are many collaborators in a student’s education: the parents, school administration, the student’s counselor, the student’s teachers, and the student. PTCs are an opportunity for teachers and parents to meet, often for the first time, and have an open discussion about the student’s academic performance. Topics discussed can include:
- Observations of the student’s overall progress in the class
- Specific strengths
- Specific areas for improvement
- Suggestions for ways the student can grow
- Helpful resources
- Any questions the family might have
Updates for the 2020-2021 School Year
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are initiated by the teacher for students who are struggling in a course
- Parents can still request a conference by
- Reviewing the student’s courses using the Parent Portal or the Student Portal
- Identifying a course in which the student benefit from having a PTC
- Filling out this form
Conferences by Tuition Packages
- Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Students (Grades 3–12): Conferences are held by phone or email.
- Silver Premium, Silver, and Bronze Students (Grades 3-12): Conferences are held by email only.
- Primary School Students (Grades PreK–2): Conferences are conducted monthly with the Primary School Coordinator, so no Parent-Teacher Conference Form should be submitted
- Conferences by phone: The teacher will send a Teacher Detailed Video which will contain a link that shares the teacher’s availability and allows parents to select a time that will work for them. The teacher will then call the family on that date for the PTC
- Conferences by email: The teacher will send a Teacher Detailed Video. Parents can continue to communicate with the teacher in the same email thread for as long as needed
Note: Conferences are processed in the order in which the forms were submitted. Enlightium Academy knows that many families are busy, which is why Parent-Teacher Conferences are available for an entire month. This time allows parents to easily plan a day and time that works for them.
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020: School is closed for Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 26 - Friday, November 27, 2020: School is closed for Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday, March 11th - Friday, March 12th: School will be closed due to the Quarter Break.
Teacher contact information
- Teachers send welcome letters when a student is enrolled in their course. These welcome letters include teacher contact information.
- Teacher emails can be found on Enlightium's website on the "Our Teachers" page.
- Students can send a teacher a direct message in Ignitia for the teacher's contact information.
Issue registering for Parent-Teacher Conferences
Concerns with teachers