Parent-Teacher Conferences Overview
A Parent-Teacher Conference (PTC) is a meeting held over email or phone between the parents/guardians of a student and their teacher. Both parties discuss the student’s strengths and weaknesses in a particular course to determine how to best assist the student in moving forward.
Note: At Enlightium Academy, Parent-Teacher Conferences for the 2020–2021 school year will take place during November 2020 and March 2021.
There are many collaborators in a student’s education: the parents, school administration, the student’s counselor, the student’s teachers, and the student. PTCs are an opportunity for teachers and parents to meet, often for the first time, and have an open discussion about the student’s academic performance.
Topics discussed can include:
- Observations of the student’s overall progress in the class
- Specific strengths
- Specific areas for improvement
- Suggestions for ways the student can grow
- Helpful resources
- Any questions the family might have
Updates for the 2020-2021 School Year
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are initiated by the teacher for students who are struggling in a course
- Parents can still request a conference by
- Reviewing the student’s courses using the Parent Portal or the Student Portal
- Identifying a course in which the student benefit from having a PTC
- Registration for the 2020-2021 school year is closed; however, parents are encouraged to reach out to teachers if they have questions or concerns
Conferences by Tuition Packages
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020: School is closed for Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 26 - Friday, November 27, 2020: School is closed for Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday, March 11th - Friday, March 12th: School will be closed due to the Quarter Break.
Contact for Parent-Teacher Conferences
Teacher contact information
- Teachers send welcome letters when a student is enrolled in their course. These welcome letters include teacher contact information.
- Teacher emails can be found on Enlightium's website on the "Our Teachers" page.
- Students can send a teacher a direct message in Ignitia for the teacher's contact information.
Issue registering for Parent-Teacher Conferences
Concerns with teachers