Spelling Bee (Grades 3-12)
How Do Enlightium Students Participate in a Spelling Bee?
- Enlightium Academy, in partnership with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), provides students in grades 3-12 with the opportunity to compete in a spelling bee with other Enlightium students.
- Round 1 is conducted over Zoom.us
- Round 2 is conducted in person if enough participants commit to attending
- The ACSI Spelling Bee is not an exercise in memorization, but in spelling abilities.
- September 14-18, 2020 - Student Social Week
- Students commit to a social opportunity or submit a waiver
- November 2020* - Round 1: Remote Spelling Bee
- February 2020* - Round 2: Remote Spelling Bee
- June 12, 2021 - Round 3: Hybrid Spelling Bee in Spokane, Washington
- Students may participate remotely or in-person
- Round 3 is the same weekend as the Graduation Ceremony; all Enlightium families are invited to stay the weekend and participate in both events
- All costs (including travel, lodging, and food) is covered by each family
*Exact date TBD
Rounds 1 and 2 Details
- Participants must have webcam capabilities so that the judges can view the students while they speak. Participants must have a phone available for clear audio.
- Ensure an adult is present and will remain present for the duration of the event (1–2 hours).
- Log in using the link provided via email (sent the day of the event)
- Families should log in between 4-4:15 pm Pacific Time. Families should log in no later than 4:15 pm PT. The event begins at 4:30 PT. Late logins may result in being expelled from the Spelling Bee.
- If families experience technical issues when logging in, please contact Enlightium Technical Support at (866) 488-4818 // option 7.
- At 4:00 pm Pacific Time, Enlightium will begin roll call. Both the student and the adult on the Student Social Week registration form will need to be present.
- At 4:30 pm PT, the Spelling Bee Coordinator will explain the rules and begin the competition. There will be a practice run to ensure that participants are comfortable with the rules.
- Families should stay logged in for the duration of the student’s involvement. Families may silently leave the session if the student is no longer involved in the competition.
Spelling Bee Resources
Spelling Bee Lists
Spelling Bee Winners
|School Year||Round 1 Winner (Grades 3-8)||Round 1 Winner (Grades 9-12)|
|2019-2020||Nicole K., Washington||Hannah S. of Texas|
|2018-2019||Eu-Jin H., Washington||N/A|
|2017-2018||Mason R., Arizona||N/A|