TABLE OF CONTENTS
Parent-Teacher Conferences Overview
A Parent-Teacher Conference (PTC) is a meeting held over email or phone between the parents/guardians of a student and their teacher. Both parties discuss the student’s strengths and weaknesses in a particular course to determine how to best assist the student in moving forward.
Note: At Enlightium Academy, Parent-Teacher Conferences for the 2020–2021 school year will take place during November 2020 and March 2021.
There are many collaborators in a student’s education: the parents, school administration, the student’s counselor, the student’s teachers, and the student. PTCs are an opportunity for teachers and parents to meet, often for the first time, and have an open discussion about the student’s academic performance. Topics discussed can include:
- Observations of the student’s overall progress in the class
- Specific strengths
- Specific areas for improvement
- Suggestions for ways the student can grow
- Helpful resources
- Any questions the family might have
Conferences by Tuition Packages
- Diamond, Platinum, and Gold Students (Grades 3–12): Conferences are held by phone or email.
- Silver Premium, Silver, and Bronze Students (Grades 3-12): Conferences are held by email only.
- Primary School Students (Grades PreK–2): Conferences are conducted monthly with the Primary School Coordinator, so no Parent-Teacher Conference Form should be submitted
- Conferences by phone: The teacher will send an email with a link that shares the teacher’s availability and allows parents to select a time that will work for them. The teacher will then call the family on that date for the PTC
- Conferences by email: The teacher will send a Teacher Detailed Report, which is a thorough review of the student’s performance. Parents can continue to communicate with the teacher in the same email thread for as long as needed
Note: Conferences are processed in the order in which the forms were submitted. Enlightium Academy knows that many families are busy, which is Parent-Teacher Conferences are available for an entire month. This time allows parents to easily plan a day and time that works for them.
Registering for Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Log in to your parent portal or the student’s portal to determine a course for a PTC.
- Note: Enlightium’s Parent-Teacher Conferences are designed to focus on quality over quantity. This means that for each student, only one or two courses should be chosen for a PTC, allowing teachers to dedicate more time to the course(s) in question.
- We recommend choosing the course where the student has the most room for improvement.
- In addition to PTCs, parents are encouraged to reach out to teachers throughout the school year as needed.
- Register for Parent-Teacher Conferences.
- The registration form is made available in the weeks preceding the November and March conference months. The form is provided via email.
- Monitor the student’s progress throughout the school year.
- You are strongly encouraged to log in to the parent or student portal at least once a week to see your student’s progress and grades. Please also reach out to any of your student’s teachers or their counselor at any point during the school year.
- You do not have to wait until the months of Parent-Teacher Conferences to discuss with the Enlightium team any issues the student may be experiencing.
- Wednesday, November 11, 2020: School is closed for Veterans Day
- Thursday, November 26 - Friday, November 17, 2020: School is closed for Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday, March 11th - Friday, March 12th: School will be closed due to the Quarter Break.
Teacher contact information
- Teachers send welcome letters when a student is enrolled in their course. These welcome letters include teacher contact information.
- Teacher emails can be found on Enlightium's website on the "Our Teachers" page.
- Students can send a teacher a direct message in Ignitia for the teacher's contact information.
Issue registering for Parent-Teacher Conferences
Concerns with teachers