What is the Young Illustrators event?
Young Illustrators Fulfill the Student Social Opportunity
The following criteria should be used as books are prepared:
1. The book can be a physical, bound book or it can be a digital version.
2. The book must use original student illustrations.
3. Themes should reflect Christian values.
Enlightium teachers judge each book by the following:
1. Opening Pages—fresh and interesting, grabs the reader's attention
2. Length—correct for plot and age of the reader
3. Ending—believable to the story, brings good closure to the plot
4. Story—plot holds the reader's attention, shows originality
5. Characters—relate to story rather than popping in, not too many, well-described
6. Description—choice of words is descriptive, feelings are expressed
7. Sentence structure—varies, is mechanically correct
8. Mechanics—proper capitalization, punctuation, spelling, grammar
9. Illustrations—match the story of the book, is neat and colorful, are a good medium for text
10. Neatness—neat overall, neat penmanship
11. Binding (if physical copy)—neat, looks professional
12. Cover—draws the reader's attention
13. Christian theme—seen in story and illustrations
What costs are associated?
Families participating in the Young Illustrators absorb the following costs:
Sending the book to Enlighium
Attention: Mrs. Chun
1330 N. Washington Street, Suite 5050
Spokane, WA 99201*Enlightium Academy will not return books after the competitions.
Previous Years' Winners
|Year||1st Grade||2nd Grade||3rd Grade||4th Grade||5th Grade|
|2020-2021||No submissions||Arystan T., Kazakhstan||Ivy N., Missouri and Brystol C., New Mexico||No submissions||James M., Texas|