Student Dress Code at Enlightium Academy Sponsored Events:
The principles behind the dress code include:
- Our dress should help develop Christian character and reflect our separation from the world (2 Cor. 6:14-7:1, 1 Tim. 2:9-10, 1 Peter 3:3-4). A dress code can help parents teach a child to exercise the self-restraint needed to accept standards that are adopted for the welfare of the school community. Ask yourself: Is my dress modest, promoting moral purity? Does it overemphasize the “outer person” versus the “inner person”?
- Our dress should support our witness to the world. We are ambassadors of Christ (2 Cor. 5:14-20, 1 Peter 2:12). Ask yourself: Does my dress support our Christian testimony of a changed, God-focused heart, and could it encourage others toward Him?
- Our dress should maintain the distinction between the sexes, recognizing that masculinity and femininity are beautiful, God-given gifts. (Gen. 1:27, 1 Cor. 6:9-10).
- Our dress should strengthen the sense of community among us (1 Cor. 8:9, Phil.2:1-4).
- Clothing that is functional, attractive, modest, and neat is our standard. Faddish, sensual, or unduly attention-getting clothing are not acceptable.This also includes tight-fitting, baggy, oversized, or clothing made of see-through material, as well as conspicuously dirty, frayed, or torn.
Appearance at School or Sponsored Events:
- Hair may not be of unnatural color (ex. pink, purple, etc.) or style. Modesty is the key.
- Makeup must be modest with no overly trendy colors or styles.
- No tattoos or facial piercings may be visible (nose piercings, etc.). Girls may have pierced ears and wear small, nondescript earrings.